Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sack of Groceries

I'm a mom.


After a five year stint I've finally come to grips that most of what I do is for someone else. Today I happened to have an exceptionally over demanding resident in the house who drove the point right through my heart. He's five, I'll forgive him. Tomorrow will be a different day. No worries.


But what is a distraught mom to do? I, of course, did what any mom would resort to. I drank picked up my camera. I picked it up just for me. No worries about settings or completing an assignment. Or composition for someone else. Just for me.

"Dad, lay my blanket flat and put me in it like a grocery bag."
Funny thing. He'd saved up his pure joy for the end of the day. How's that for a sack of groceries?

5 comments:

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Cheers! Love it ;)

Mimi said...

Ha! I've been there where drinking or taking photos are the only help! Glad your day ended on a good note....

Christi said...

Love this.

mugsbigsis said...

Cassie told me about this adorable photo and I had to see for myself. What a great shot, K. :O)

mugsbigsis said...

Cassie told me about this adorable photo and I had to see for myself. What a great shot, K. :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails