Thursday, January 10, 2008

Books On Children

Over 2 1/2 years ago (aka before Ian was born) a lovely person I was doing some work for gave me a list of books that she thought would be helpful as he gets older. I've been shuffling that list around my desk for those 2 1/2 years (including moving it from apartment to house at one point). I'm throwing it away today...but thought I'd leave the great contents of it, along with her comments,here for posterity :) (and eventual links to amazon)

Parents:

  • A Good Enough Parent, Bruno Bettleheim
  • Practical Tricks on How to Put Baby's Clothes on, Nutrition, etc, Pamela Leah books
  • How to Talk to Your Kid so Your Kid Will Listen, and Listen so Your Kid Will Talk
  • At The Threshold, academic tome but excellent reading about adolescence
  • Series -- Your One Year Old, Two, Three, etc
  • The Courage to Raise Good Men

To Read to Your Kids:

  • Goodnight Moon
  • The Runaway Bunny
  • Charlotte's Web

Videos:

  • The Secret of NIMH
  • Grandfather's Magical Toys
  • Winnie The Pooh

Now my desk is cleaner and I'm closer to Amazon's "1-click"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails