Thursday, July 22, 2010

Behind The Lens: Amy LeJeune

Have you ever met someone online who you just know is an incredible, warm, fun person? That is how I feel about Amy. Amy has great photography skills and claims I helped her out! I'm honored and touched to have helped someone who was already skilled!

Please meet my friend Amy LeJeune.



What sparked your interest in photography?
At a scrapbooking event, a friend asked me to take a group photo using her camera. It had a lens that you turned to focus and it made a very photographic clicking sound when you released the shutter. It was the first time I held a digital SLR and I immediately knew that my photography skills had to improve. I decided to learn everything I could about my point and shoot and even tried manual settings on it. Then I treated myself to my first dSLR and never looked back.


What camera do you use?
I have a Nikon D300.


What is your favorite lens?
My favorite lens is my Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm lens. I have it on my camera most of the time.


My example for the blurring the background assignment in Captured Through the Lens. I later extracted the fern frond and used it as a brush on a scrapbook page!


What makes you happiest about your photography?
My photography allows me to revisit my life as often as I like. It lets me collect emotions and daily events to cherish forever.


My niece's bridal bouquet. I practiced perspective on this shot by squatting down and looking up a little. I liked this upward angle on the wedding cake too. 


What have you learned from my classes or tutorials that has helped your photography most?
I loved Captured Through the Lens and have all the lessons printed and stored in a binder. The information is concise and fundamental, and a quick review of it always brings me back to the primary elements of this wonderful hobby.


For this portrait I practiced metering for side lighting.


If you could only photograph one subject for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would photograph my progeny. Now that my sons are almost all grown up, I hope someday to have another generation to add to my photographic stockpile!


You can see more of Amy's talent and progeny on her blog and in her DesignerDigitals gallery.




*******************************
I'm looking forward to meeting Amy in January of next year! It will be fun to finally hear her voice and spend time shooting together.


We just wrapped up Your Life: Captured Through The Lens, but it's not too late for Your Kids: Captured Through The Lens. Registration closes today.

Have I helped you with a classebook, or tutorial? Would you like to be featured Behind The Lens? Send me an email at katrina at katrinakennedy dot com.

4 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love Amy! She is such a warm and friendly soul. and I love her pictures and scrapbook pages too :)

latz said...

So glad to see my friend Amy on your blog--she is everything you say and more. I am always inspired by her creative take on both her photos and scrapbook pages.

~ Kim ~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy!!! Amazing pics, amazing scrapper, amazing docotor (who has even been on tv!!), amazing mom, amazing wife, amazing friend, an all around AMAZING PERSON!!! Thanks for letting us learn a bit more about her!!

mugsbigsis said...

Oh, a familiar face and wonderful interview. I'm right there with you, Amy on that next generation (one day). Beautiful photos, Amy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails