Friday, March 27, 2009

Discovering Candy Land

The Just Between Friends Consignment Sale is this weekend and once again I found just enough items to put in the sale to get a presale pass! I arrived just in time yesterday for the line to begin to get really long for checkout so I grabbed some clothes, a cute pair of shoes and Candy Land!

Ian was so excited to see it. On the drive home he kept saying to me, "look I'm in CandyLand" as he held the box with his little head peaking over it! No photo...just fun memory!

We immediately opened it up for a Candy Land fest when we arrived home! His first board game and he seems to be the perfect age for it! He was a little confused when dad got stuck in licorice and had to lose a turn. He cried and told dad he'd fix it. So on his next turn he insisted that he move dad out of the licorice. I guess we'll be bending those Candy Land rules some! I love that he won without us rigging it and then was even more excited when we arrived at the end with him! Woohoo's and arm pumping ensued! (nothing like a three year old arm pump, it cracks me up!)

I'm looking forward to more complex games, but I hope playing with him is always so easy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

awe, what a fun first board game experience... that photo is sooo awesome - i just love how you got that tight in on the action - absolutely perfect...

Myra said...

It's the perfect time to start board games! This is a classic. What a fun memory. I wish I had written something about ours...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails