Tuesday, December 07, 2010

How I Photograph Holiday Cookie Baking

I do not dress my child up in costumes for photos, I really don't. I do, however, set up our cookie baking for the best results!

Making Gingerbread Vegans is a favorite tradition, both to make and eat. Once we prep all of the ingredients in the kitchen, I move the entire process to the dining room table. I position the rolling mat so Ian's side is to the window or so the window is directly in front of him. You can tell in these photos where I positioned him in relation to the light.  Since I never ask him to move, I get more cooperation.

Once he gets cutting it's easy to wander around to get the best angle and light for a shot or two. The elf costume is just a bonus!


Click on the photos for product credits.


Do you have any favorite holiday photo taking tricks?

6 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

With your gorgeous photos Katrina, the kraft is really a natural. Plus you have little Mr. Photo Op himself! Somehow this doesn''t work with my dh... :-)

NicoleJ said...

again such lovely pages to complete your DD! Love the photos!

dille2@cableone.net said...

I love his hands Miss K...

The Grounds Family said...

I wouldn't call it a trick, but I like to recreate a photo that was taken of my siblings and I when I was about 2 years old in front of the Christmas Tree. The only thing is that we are way too old to sit on the floor the way we did (and one sister is in a wheelchair-so we all need to be close to her level).

I am hoping that we can all be in one place for Christmas this year.

Suz said...

Great album and pics! Ibtw- I have an Ian too! (Great name) ;-)

Sheri said...

Just wanted to say wow! Your photos are wonderful, and I am really loving how this album is turning out for you. Maybe next year I will follow and do all digital, I think it really does make things a bit easier.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails