Sunday, October 17, 2010

And So It Begins

Dear Ian,
Tomorrow is a big day little man. After taking an unexpected path, tomorrow you begin school.

You have so much to learn ahead of you. You will have opportunities to see the world in new and different ways, to fill your mind with knowledge, insight and understanding. I know it will be an incredible journey. I know you will rise to the challenges ahead of you.

Yes, it's early kindergarten, but there you will learn some of your most important life lessons and make friends perhaps forever. You will learn the value of play and community. You will learn to share and to listen and to color. Know that outside of the lines is okay by me. Curiosity is a good thing, please keep yours.

I hope you look back on these years and remember nothing but goodness, happiness, and joy. I hope your pants stay up and your shoes stay on. I hope you can leave your weapons at home and keep your imagination alive.

Oh, and remember its okay to say "Momma, I love you" and to give give me a hug before you go. And it will be for a very very long time. I don't care what your friends think :).

Love you buddy,

Mom

5 comments:

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Oh, tears...

Jan said...

Oh geez.
Way to touch the Mama nerve, Katrina ;)
*sniff*

"I hope your pants stay up and your shoes stay on."

Best.Line.Ever.

dille2@cableone.net said...

I hope you can leave your weapons at home and keep your imagination alive.

Now that, is true love. Hope you both have a wonderful day with lots to talk about tonight. Blessings to you all!

Joey said...

You guys have been on my mind today. I hope all went well!

Anonymous said...

Ian I love your mom and the way she writes, and buddy I hope you will always give those great hugs, even when you think your friends are watching they are the best.
Looking forward to reading much more about your school year.
Love you Mumzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails