Saturday, August 15, 2009

Snapshot Saturday #3


If you've been following the August blog challenge at Get It Scrapped you know we've taken a look back and been on a scavenger hunt. Today I want to look at the same thing differently! Great photos are made when the artist behind the camera sees things in a way that most people don't. They see a small detail that others don't catch. They catch an expression as it flashes across someone's face. They find an angle that no one else considered.

Today find a subject, any subject at all. Put it in great light if you can. Capture it three ways. Three different views, three different feelings, three different angles. What does each say to you? Which appeals to you most? Which tells the story you want to tell most effectively?

My bit moody eggplant complete with bug eaten leaves!
A bit of punch, a little more like what my I saw.
The big picture from my son's play structure! You can see the egglplant in its context(as well as the pumpkin patch taking over the garden).
Just the plant.
And the aged moody look.
Which do you prefer?

Try from above. From below. Zoom way in. Step back and get the big picture. Convert it to black and white. Crop it so only part shows. You pick. And don't forget to share them with me!

Finding different angles is one of my favorite lessons in Your Life: Captured Through The Lens. If you missed it the first time I'm teaching it again! At $50 it is a STEAL! Class starts on September 1st, I hope to see you there!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails