Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Someday Can I Be A Fireman?


Because my mom asked :)
I looked through our front door and thought I saw smoke. Or was it the sprinklers in the park? It looked strange. We went outside to discover the fire department was conducting a hose training drill in the park! An opportunity we couldn't miss!


Ian introduced himself to the firefighters and they stopped what they were doing long enough to give him a badge, sit him in the driver's seat AND let him step on the horn! He was a little uncertain about the horn but once it started he didn't lift his foot! 


As we watched them run through their drills he was giddy with excitement asking me if he could be a firefighter with boots and a hat and pants and a jacket and a...

Perfect little boy morning!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Ian! what a perfect day and to get to step on the button that make the horn blow, so excited for you
Love U Mumzy
p.s. tell mom thanks for sharing the pictures I love the look on your face..

Maureen Reynolds said...

Thank you Mom for us. I have an Ian but he's Iain, and he's 36!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!! Ian's PERFECT day. His smile is so contagious... it caught on right here and I'm beaming now too. What dreams he'll have tonight... Just perfect... cstaff (carol)

Teri said...

It would be a perfect day for me too! I love fireman, on a calendar, with...oh never mind;)

Steph said...

Oh my gosh, we were able to do the same thing during drills a couple of years ago when Andrew was about Ian's age! Isn't it just the coolest to watch their little faces?!

Anonymous said...

the look on that babies face is pure joy. i love it!
auntie

Anonymous said...

oh, what a perfect day...he will remember this forever, especially since i am sure mom will scrap it!! the look on his face is pure joy and i can imagine the smile on yours looking at him (through your lens, of course..lol)

kathie

Amanda Kayte said...

so do i see fireman in the line up for halloween this year!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails