Monday, June 28, 2010

Picnic Dinner In The Dining Room

Our Sunday night family dinner grew with the addition of our neighbor and our dear friends. We had the garden table extended and covered as the temperature neared 103 degrees. Sweating through a meal from the garden in the garden just wasn't very appealing, so we brought dinner inside.

Shea and I spent most of the afternoon making tapas and sangria, a perfect warm weather meal. I gathered the meal from our garden and rounded up some of my favorite cookbooks. The menu consisted of

Patatas Bravas
Papaya Pear Squash with Onions
Roasted Beets
Bruschetta
Spanish Cucumber Salad
Garlic Hummus
Olive Tapenade
Strawberry Ice Cream
Homemade Bread


I didn't realize until I had the table ready to go that I'd completely skipped taking photos of each dish. We'll have to make it again so it gets it time in my studio!

I did grab the camera in time to capture the two of these boys.


The table photo is my POTD, but now I'm thinking Justin and Ian might be the better choice!

3 comments:

sam ellis said...

Katrina that menu is JUST up my street. Can I Pop in for dinner sometime ????

Anonymous said...

menu sounds great, but I LOVE the picture of my 2 boys, you do such a fantastic job..
Love U mom

wendy said...

thought of you last night as i made my first garden stir fry of the season....zucchini, papaya pear squash, onion, shelled snap peas, sage and mushrooms (only non-garden veggie). it was fabulous! :)

your menu looks pretty fabulous too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails