Monday, March 22, 2010

Waiting To Take The Shot

When I first started exploring photography I said, "I'll never be one of those people who waits around for hours for the twenty seconds of perfect light or who painstakingly sets up a shot." I am an everyday photographer, capturing life as it happens."

I lied.

I sat in the garden today waiting for the shot.

I saw it yesterday, but it just didn't pan out.

Today while pulling weeds and planting cucumbers, I saw it again. This time I was going to be ready.

I grabbed my camera and lens, still attached to the tripod after yesterday's attempt. With extension tubes in my grubby fingers I set up in the garden, about two feet away from my broccoli.

I waited.  I attempted some shots. Waited some more. Attempted again. It was not cooperative, but then, we began to work as a team.





Everyone in my house has a favorite. Which is yours?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, had to take some time to get this it is perfect from my point of view.
Love U

Susiecw said...

Katrina, I like the first one the best where the bee is making his approach. All of them are fantastic, though, showing so much detail.

dille2@cableone.net said...

MissK, love #1! Amazing and I hear ya. Not sure I will ever be able to wait but look forward to contemplating it!

erin - mutterings of eringirl said...

Oh the first one for sure! You captured an active moment and I feel like I am there!

Anke said...

top one, hands down, those are the hardest to get, especially with macro! I can't wait for summer :)

hezro said...

I love the first one too! Awesome shot!

J. said...

Fantastic!
Patience pays off :)
I can't choose between the second and the last.
They're all fabulous!

Terry said...

they are all fabulous but my favorite is the first one--coming in for the landing!

Lisa said...

I love the first shot! Wonderful photos!

The Zoos said...

Like everyone else, the first one is the best. I love it. You are tempting me to get these extension tubes!

Christi said...

These are all so amazing but something about the first one just catches my eye.

denise:) said...

how fun!!! you're such a "geek"! lol!
i like the 2nd one best for reasons unknown, it just makes me happy! (they all do, actually!)

mugsbigsis said...

Well, I'm the oddball and love the 3rd shot. Sometimes you have to step outside the box. . . and wait for the shot. Beautiful, Katrina.

Dee said...

it's a toss-up for me between #1 & #3, each appeals to me in a different way. but i'd be ecstatic to say i'd taken ANY of them :-)

Jennifer said...

totally #1

Puna said...

Nice bee shots!

sweetsalty kate said...

I like the top one best! Such fantastic captures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails