Friday, March 12, 2010

If You Take A Boy To The Library

and he can't read the books, he'll be a bit confused.

We took Ian to an event at the library tonight with the author of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. He loved meeting the mouse and the pig at the door. And then things just went badly from there. A million people in line for her new book. Lots of people milling around. Utter confusion by a four year old little boy who loves the library and didn't understand we were going to listen to her read the book. I'd explained to him, but I think he stopped listening after library.

We were there about 10 minutes. Shortest library trip ever. I did get a fun happy shot before the tears began.


That little blur you see? Not shutter speed, but photographer's lack of slowing down long enough to hold the camera steady.

5 comments:

Tami said...

What a cute story...although a tad sad, tho, tears and all. I'm also a bit jealous you get to take pix in your library ;)

dille2@cableone.net said...

It is the truth that some shots aren't planned and are done on the run. Beautiful Miss K!

The Grounds Family said...

What a fun evening, too bad it didn't work out as planned. I don't see the blur and I love the stamp!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture, that was a very short trip for you,
Love U

mugsbigsis said...

OMGosh I love those books and that is the cutest pic ever!!! I hope this helps him remember the good part of the trip. :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails