Wednesday, March 03, 2010

How I Use My Flash

Tonight I finally finished a little project I've been working on for a few weeks. I'll have more details later this week!

In the meantime, I thought I'd have a little self portrait fun (although it is a bit more a portrait of my camera) and throw in a little quiz!


Let's try a guess at the big three: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. One of them has a very obvious hint!

I'll draw one winner from everyone with a correct guess!  The prize? A copy of that project I just finished.

For those of you who don't guess correctly I'll draw one name to win a pass to my next class, The Very Basics: How to Use Your Camera at Get It Scrapped!

Looking forward to your guesses.

11 comments:

Sarah G. (dugarner) said...

I can't tell these settings just by looking---but I'll take a guess.

ISO 200, f3.5, 1/160.

At least, that's what mine would be set at! But you have a much better camera . . . so I don't know. :)

I've been asked to do an introductory camera/photography class for a group of 12-15 year old girls. We're going to meet four times, and I thought I'd do the basics the first two classes, and then two classes can be photowalks to wander around and practice.

Do you think going through your "Get Me Off Auto" book would be a good place to start?

Sarah

Anke said...

Hmm, your aperature looks like f13, ISO 200, speed 1/125?
Cool shot :)

Susiecw said...

I'm terrible at guessing these things, but I'll give it a try. ISO 100; f5.6 at 1/125,

Leslie said...

Here is my guess... ISO 200 / Shutter 1/125 and Apeture F11

shirley said...

Aperture f8
ISO 200
Shutter Speed 1/60

Tami said...

Hmmm..i think on the 50mm the smallest ap is 16, but i can't tell if this is stopped all the way down.

I'll guess:

ISO200
f16
ss 1/125

Amie said...

My guess is
ISO 400, f/18, 1/80

Claudett said...

ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/60, Aperture f/8.
This is my guess :) I don't have an external flash, I don't know how to use one.
Claudia

hezro said...

ISO 200, f/18, 1/60 shutter speed

Heather
(aka hezro/mom2four)

Kathleen said...

ISO 400/80/5.6

Suzanne said...

Hmm... it looks like a pretty narrow aperture but I have no idea about the shutter speed. I'll guess

ISO 400
f/18
1/60

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails