Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Carrots, Questions, And Exciting Stuff!

Picture of the day today. Picked from my front yard garden in all of their orange and green goodness. They tasted as good as they looked! Last year's carrots were funny shaped, multi-legged, gnarly little things.
50mm | ISO 400 | f/2.5 | ss 1/80

I know I said I'd limit my garden photos. I just couldn't resist.

Can I continue to brag about my accomplishments? The rest are not of the garden variety.

I've had a busy but exciting week. My photo was selected as the winner of the CreatingKeepsakes Fabulous Photo Contest! It was a picture of the day a month or two ago. I just love the real emotion it captures between the two of them.

Did I mention my photos of a friend's garden were published in a book? Edible Estates: Attack on the Front Lawn to be exact. Photos and a credit in the back. It is now perched on my coffee table and for some reason just falls open to a certain page!

In even more randomness, remember Saturday's photo quiz? The photo was taken about 7o'clock PM. I bounced my flash off of my husband's stomach! He had a light colored shirt on so it reflected nicely back onto Ian without giving that harsh flash look. We had a good laugh about the benefit of his stomach size as well.

And for the person who asked about the speedy puppy photo yesterday. I did take it on manual. You can notice in the last photo, I changed my shutter speed just a smidge, thinking I was overexposing some. I wish I'd left it alone. The perils of Manual mode! I am choosing #2 for my POTD. Thanks for casting your vote!

Want more good news? I'm teaching one of my favorite photography classes starting later this month! You can register for a discounted price until tomorrow afternoon. We are closing registration early this time, so please don't miss out.  I will be explaining manual mode, shutter speed, and smidges!

So, what's going on in your world?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! these carrots sure look much better than last year, good job, have not seen many pictures of my favorite little guy, is he being anti camera posing? Love U

Christi said...

Congrats on the winning photo. It's one of my favs that you've posted this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails