Monday, May 24, 2010

Salad Extravaganza Day 1

The lettuce in our garden is about to bolt. It is time to eat lettuce. We've deemed it salad week. We are each making salads this week with a few rules. One thing from the garden must be used in addition to the lettuce. One herb from the garden must also be incorporated.


I was a bit of an over achiever tonight.


I picked a beet, carrots, and an onion from the garden. 
50mm | ISO 500 | f/2.8 | ss 1/60


I added in thyme, basil and oregano for the salad dressing, using a great recipe from Veganomican, one of my go to cookbooks.


I roasted the carrots and beet. Sliced the onion. Baked some croutons from left over bread Shea made. Tossed it in a quick dressing also from Veganomicon. I roasted a few pine nuts to add some protein to the mix.


And we had dinner. Almost completely from the garden.


50mm | ISO 1250 | f/2/2 | ss 1/400

I took the salad picture in my studio. My shutter speed could have been slower to get a lower ISO, but I'm happy with the result.


I'm not certain how I can top tonight's salad.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great :) We just learned last weekend at the botanical gardens how to reduce the staining properties of beets when cooking them that I have a few in the fridge now to try at home.

Mozer said...

Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails