Monday, January 04, 2010

Choosing The Story Over The Photo

I'm a moody 365'er. Sometimes I choose because it speaks to me. Some days I choose the best photo. And days, like today, I select the photo with the best story behind it.



I shot his little finger pressing the C down wanting it to be my POTD. Hoping it would be perfect, knowing I was at a funky angle, too close to him, just didn't feel right. Since he has the attention span of a 4 year old, shooting fast was important. Keep in mind, I was also reading the music with him, holding him up on the stool, and adjusting camera settings (not to brag or anything).


He really wanted to play. He followed my every direction. Pressing the color coded key as I read them from the music. It was a very discernible Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. The only photo that could possibly better capture this moment would be the look of pure joy on his face when he'd finished playing!



This was probably the best photo of the day, I'll include it for my mom. But as my husband said, "we'll want to remember the story of his first song. We've seen lots of his face."

5 comments:

yellowsunnybear said...

I think you need dual POTDs! What a proud moment for him!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! love the look on his sweet face, so proud of you Ian, practice so you can play for me when I come to see you.
Love U Mumzy

Myra said...

That hubby - very smart man. And you both made a ridiculously special boy. :)

Michelle said...

I agree.
The two photos together (along with the written words) become a powerful story for this day!

Janet said...

All your photos look amazing. I especially love the one at the piano. And Ali's overlays look great. I love each of them labeling your photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails