Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tell The Story Behind The Photo


50mm | ISO 200 | f/ 1.8 | ss1/2500 | Kenko 12mm Extension Tube

What you cannot see in this photo is a little boy with a stick. A little boy who discovered the joy of poking mushrooms to watch them topple over. A little boy who discovered the undersides were more interesting than the tops. A little boy who asked his mom to take a picture of them.

What you cannot see in this photo is a mom who was filled with joy to watch a little boy make a discovery. A little boy who, ten minutes before, wanted to stay inside. A little boy who reluctantly went the park. A little boy who didn't want to leave once he got there.

Our photos tell so many stories. Capturing  both the photo and the words to accompany it, is so important.

****************************

I took this photo using my new Kenko Extension Tube kit.  I shot with the 12mm extension tube attached to my 50mm lens. It took a little getting used to, but with nice light and just the right distance between the lens and the subject, I love the results I'm getting.

I adjust the white balance, exposure, blacks, brightness, and clarity in Lightroom. Added a Wow Preset Vignette and sharpened in Photoshop. I was tempted to convert it to black and white. Loved the way it looked in black and white, but really wanted to remember the color of the mushroom. Ian and I agreed the tops looked like pancakes!

6 comments:

Teri said...

What sharpness! I love the story that goes with this.

Debi said...

Yep... there's always a story, isn't there? And, that's why we do what we do! :) Lovin' the 'shroom top... VERY cool!

Unknown said...

Wow, very nice!

Sally said...

Great photo!
... and yes - great words that accompany it.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

That's a great photo and I am glad you left it in color because the colors are great! I love the story too. It's all part of the fun!

Amy Kingsford said...

Absolutely love this one Katrina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails